A healthy, active lifestyle is a lifetime plan
So set off on the right foot!!!!
Exercise will do you good
- Improve blood sugars
- Improve blood lipid levels
- Improve overall health
- Reduce chances you require medication
- Maintain muscle tone and physical fitness
- Increases sensitivity to drugs
- Aid mel planning in controlling weight
- Burning more calories
- Improves blood pressure
- Improves your attitude,your sense of well being
Keep at it! You will be glad you did it.The best exercise is the exercise you enjoy. It is easier to form a habit of exercising if you enjoy the activity. The exercise needs to be aerobic. Only aerobic exercise helps heart fitness. Aerobic exercises include most continuous activities that are one for a period of 30 minutes or longer.
Make exercise a part of your daily life, like eating and sleeping not something you do only when you have extra time.
Consult your doctor for the type of exercise depending upon your age and diabetic status.
- Precede with a warm up
- Do slow and continuous aerobic exercises
- Exercise at the same time every day
- Stick to your schedule
- Take stairs instead of an elevator
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Exercise on empty stomach
- Eat snacks prior to exercise
- Exeed 60-80%max heart rate
- Exercise when running
How to stay at it!
- Throw out essential numbers. These include age h height and weight. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him.
- Keep only cheerful friends.
- Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, gardening, craft, whatever. Never let the brain idle. An evil mind is a devils workshop. And the devils name is Alzheimer’s.
- Enjoy the simple things.
- Laugh often, loud and long. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
- Tears happen. Endure, grieve and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. Be alive while you are alive.
- Surround yourself with what you love, whether it’s your family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, and hobbies. Your home is your refuge.
- Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next town, to a foreign land but not to where the guilt belongs.
- Cherish your health, if it is good preserve it, if it is unstable improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve get help.
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away